3.31.2010

Obedience

So this morning while we were getting ready all Cameron wanted to do was turn on the water in the bathtub. Now he knows that this is a major NO NO! He cutely looks at me with his hand on the faucet and I reply "Cameron I'm going to spank you". Now what happens? He reaches behind and spanks himself! We played out this scenario about 5 more times before we left. Ultimately he did decide not to turn on the water, I guess he had given himself enough "spankings" already.

But it made me start thinking...how many times do I weigh the consequences of my actions and still choose disobedience? Let me answer that, most days I do it many times! Obedience should be done for love, from a heart of gratitude...not just for the avoidance of consequences. Disobedience is never worth the consequences. It is a big red flag if you are willing to accept not only the consequence of disobeying but the knowledge that your heart is out of tune with God's.

And with that in mind, I'm going to start my cleaning!

XOXO,

Christie

No comments:

Post a Comment